Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Quick Update


This week's highlights (since Granada)

Matagalpa, Nicaragua:
- We stayed in a beautiful hotel in the mountains of Nicaragua. It was much cooler there and a fun contrast from being in the city for the majority of our time in Nicaragua.
- Visited a coffee cooperative and learned about the history and fair trade industry.




Selva Negra (Black Forest):
- In Selva Negra we had a group discussion that took up most of our time but allowed us to reflect on what we have been learning, refocus our thoughts and voice our opinions. We also had beautiful lunch there in the lush green forest.


Pochimil Beach:
- Spent the day relaxing in the sun, getting tan, reading a good book, walk on the beach :)

Mangua:
- Catholic Mass, not so sure I agreed with the Priest but it was good to see the perspective of the Catholic church in Nicaragua. They are very focused on the justice of the bible and the poor being set apart and special.


Being in Nicaragua is very different from Panama. The group dynamics are changing as people get to know each other better and share their opinions more. We are constantly moving and do not have a real home base like we did in Panama. I've been learning to make the daily choice to be here, not wanting to be somewhere else, and asking God to reveal His purpose for my semester abroad. I'm being tested and learning patience but though its frustrating at times I'm all right with that because I know God uses us most during times of trouble and persecution. There's so much on my mind as I try to figure things out right now and learn how to do this whole being abroad for 3 months thing. More to come later when I sort through my thoughts and feelings.

I miss everyone a lot! I'd love to skype with you :)
Love, Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment