Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Authentic Beauty

To all of my beautiful friends and sisters in Christ:

The video is taking forever to upload so I'm just going to put the link to youtube on here. Watch it if you have time :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPxAlS37jA&feature=player_embedded

Today must be a video watching day! I really enjoyed watching this "thot" from Leslie Ludy and hope that all women will view themselves in this way. As I relaxed today and spent time with the Lord I was reading the book Authentic Beauty that I just bought. This book is by Leslie Ludy and is about finding your true identity as a woman. The basis of the book is learning how to remove all of the sin (garbage and mess) from your life and understanding how to have true intimacy with Jesus, our Prince. I am not that far into it yet but I would already encourage every young woman to read it. Leslie talks in the book about the first step to having true intimacy with Jesus. She discusses sitting down for a few hours without distraction and going through her guide of questions and challenges. It entails a lot of uncomfortable questions helping you to dig into your past and remove sin that you have been hiding and trying to conceal. She helps you to understand the other "loves" of your life that you are putting before Jesus. While doing this today I realized how much sin I really have in my life. It's easy for me to get caught up in the fact that I don't commit many obvious sins. I don't underage drink, I don't have sex, I don't do drugs, and yes that is important but I am just as much of a sinner as every single person in this world. There are SO many areas in my life that I need to ask forgiveness for and take to Jesus, my Savior. Repenting of that sin in my life was a very refreshing and freeing feeling. How can I ever deny forgiveness to anyone when God forgives me daily, every minute? He is such an Amazing God!

Tomorrow we head to Matagalpa, Nicaragua and start class again. I'm sure I will have some more trip related blogs after that. These past to days have been a breath of fresh air and I am so thankful to have been able to relax and refresh in this beautiful place. I even got to watch the first episode of Survivor tonight!! And guess where it is based...Nicaragua, so cool!

Until Next Time,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment